Operation Holiday 2018
Each year generous Wichitans come together to collect food, grocery gift cards, gently used winter wear, blankets, pet food and toys for low-income individuals and families through Inter-Faith Ministries’s Operation Holiday program.
- Low-income individuals and families wishing to apply for assistance through IFM’s Operation Holiday program must do so in-person at one of 10 application sites between Monday, November 5th and Friday, November 30th. Applicants must provide proof of identification, address and income. More information can be found at OperationHoliday.org.
- Collection for Operation Holiday officially kicks off Monday, November 5th, 2018. We request host sites deliver their items directly to our warehouse at Towne West Mall (NW corner between Dick’s and Convergys) no later than Monday, December 10th.
- Distribution of goods will take place December 13-15th at the Operation Holiday distribution center located at Towne West Mall, 4600 W Kellogg Dr., Wichita, KS 67209.
- We served 13,553 individuals and families through Operation Holiday in 2017, including 5,367 children and 2,006 youth. Children 14 and under receive gifts through our partnership with U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots program. Youth aged 15-17 receive gifts through our own Operation Holiday Teen2Teen program.
Join us in making the holidays a little bit brighter for thousands of our struggling neighbors!
- Donate online at OperationHoliday.org or in-person at 829 N. Market between 8am and 5pm.
- Want to host a collection drive at your organization? Contact Inter-Faith Ministries at 316-263-9303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteers are vital to the success of Operation Holiday! Join us for pre-distribution sorting and inventory, or during distribution days—December 13-15, 2018—as escorts, food stockers, toy runners and more. For more info, contact Inter-Faith Ministries at 316-264-9303 or by emailing email@example.com.
Do you or someone you know need assistance this holiday season?
- Individuals and families must apply in-person at one of ten locations throughout Wichita between Monday, November 5th and Friday, November 30th. Applicants must provide documentation and meet certain low-income guidelines, and cannot participate in Operation Holiday AND Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program (may apply for one or the other). For more information, please visit OperationHoliday.org.