When In An Accident, Know What to Do
The moments and hours following an accident are often difficult to process. It can be hard to figure out the right steps to take. Accident Recovery Team has put together a list of essential steps to take so you can get back to your life.
I Was In an Accident, Now What?
It’s important to follow the correct steps after you’ve been in an accident. More information can be found on our website, but here’s a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the incident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Insurance companies may recommend a Direct Repair Facility, but you may want to talk to other body shops first.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured in an accident. We have experience on our side and we’re here to help you recover and get back to normal.
After being in an accident or injury, paperwork and documents will start to pile up. You may want to toss it away but preserve all the evidence you can get your hands on. The success of your case depends on evidence. Pursuing a claim after an automobile accident or injury requires documentation. Even if it seems minor and unimportant, keep every piece of paper, picture, note, video, etc. that relates to the situation. Information helps recreate how the incident occurred, what resulted, and the lasting outcomes expected. Asserting your claim requires sufficient documentation. Anything you can preserve after the incident is going to help your lawyer advance your claim.
Here are a few examples of evidence to keep, preserve, and give to your attorney:
- Pictures of the scene and injuries
- Medical records and statements
- Lists of medical providers
- Paycheck and wage loss documentation.
Accident Recovery Team is on Your Side
Reach out to our experienced and qualified team after you’ve been in an accident. To schedule a free consultation, contact one of our experienced attorneys. We only get paid when we settle or win the case. Recover from your injuries and have peace of mind with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.