Truck Accidents vs Car Accidents
While both are traumatic and potentially fatal, truck accidents are often more destructive than the average car accident. Heavy trucks and trailers travel at accelerated speeds, potentially creating high impact crashes much greater than that of a car. Not only does this cause damage to the vehicles involved, but also potential injuries that can be permanent or long-lasting.
The Difference with Truck Accidents
When a semi-truck is involved, the lawsuit involves the trucking company. This means dealing with an aggressive insurance company whose goal is to avoid paying out large settlements with these accidents. This is why it’s essential to have a personal injury attorney on your side to level the playing field.
As your attorneys, the Accident Recovery Team knows what you need and where to find it. We collect and keep careful records about the details of the crash. Unintimidated by insurance and trucking companies, our attorneys have the expertise you need to recover from damages caused by semi-trucks.
In a Truck Accident: What Now?
It’s important to follow the correct steps after you’ve been in a truck accident. Detailed information can be found on our “After an Accident” page, but here is a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the accident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Your insurance company may recommend a Direct Repair Facility to repair your car. You may want to shop around instead.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured in a truck accident. With experience on our side, we’re here to help you recover after an accident.
Accident Recovery Team is on Your Side
Reach out to the Accident Recovery Team after truck accidents with semi-trucks, commercial vehicles, public transportation, motorcycles and other nontraditional vehicles. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we get paid when we settle or win the case. To schedule a free consultation, contact any of the experienced personal injury attorneys at Accident Recovery Team. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and provide a transparent examination of your case. Recover from your injuries with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.