Semi-Trucks & Insurance Companies
Truck accidents, semi-truck or tractor-trailer accidents are devastating and almost half a million accidents occur each year involving 18-wheelers. Big rigs are extremely heavy objects moving at great speeds. When out of control these large trucks cause a lot of damage to anything in their way. If you or a loved one have suffered injury due to a semi-truck or other commercial vehicle your damages are likely catastrophic. To recover all of your damages and equitable compensation, you will need an attorney.
Big Trucks Equal Big Insurance Attorneys
Trucks, and companies that use them, are fully insured and backed by big company money to hire big industry attorneys. Professional semi-truck drivers are required to meet certain qualifications and follow safety protocols. By law, there are limits on the amount of time and miles truck drivers can travel in a 24-hour period. They are required to rest and record their day’s drive. After an accident with a large truck or semi, documentation is key. Much of this documentation is recorded digitally and accessing those records is an important part of the discovery process.
The Accident Recovery Team is staffed by former insurance company trial attorneys. This gives you the strength and experience to go toe-to-toe with the big truck industry. As your attorneys, the Accident Recovery Team knows what you need and where to find it. We collect and keep careful records about the details of the crash. Unintimidated by insurance and trucking companies, our attorneys have the expertise you need to recover from damages caused by semi-trucks.
In a Wreck with a Semi-Truck?
It’s important to follow the correct steps after you’ve been in a semi-truck accident. Detailed information can be found on our “After an Accident” page, but here is a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the accident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Your insurance company may recommend a Direct Repair Facility to repair your car. You may want to shop around instead.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured by semi-trucks. With experience on our side, we’re here to help you recover after an accident.
Accident Recovery Team is on Your Side
Reach out to the Accident Recovery Team after accidents with semi-trucks, commercial vehicles, public transportation, motorcycles and other nontraditional vehicles. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we get paid when we settle or win the case. To schedule a free consultation, contact any of the experienced attorneys at Accident Recovery Team. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and provide a transparent examination of your case. Recover from your injuries with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.