Motorcycle riding is a favorite pastime for many people, especially in these warm summer months. A motorcycle accident can happen anywhere and result in serious personal injuries, even in your own neighborhood. The most common cause of motorcycle accidents is the failure of other motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a motorcyclist’s risk of a fatal crash is 35 times greater than the driver or occupant of a passenger car.
A motorcycle accident can result in severe injuries or even death. Here are a few of the most common injuries that can occur:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Head trauma
- Road rash. Road rash is a skin abrasion which is caused by being dragged along pavement or concrete. Road rash is extremely painful and can result in permanent scarring, and in some cases, the need for skin grafts.
Any of these injuries can require lengthy recovery time, resulting in high medical bills and lost time from work.
I Was In an Accident, Now What?
The moments and hours following a motorcycle accident are often difficult to process. It can be hard to figure out the right steps to take. Accident Recovery Team has put together a list of essential steps to take so you can get back to your life. It’s important to follow the correct steps after you’ve been in a motorcycle accident. More information can be found on our website, but here’s a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the incident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Insurance companies may recommend a Direct Repair Facility, but you may want to talk to other body shops first.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured in a motorcycle accident. We have experience on our side and we’re here to help you recover and get back to normal.
Accident Recovery Team is on Your Side
We know we cannot take away the pain and suffering you may have endured as the result of an accident. But we can assist you in receiving compensation for your injuries from a motorcycle accident. Reach out to our experienced and qualified attorneys to schedule a free consultation. We only get paid when we settle or win the case. Recover from your injuries and have peace of mind with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.