Distracted Driving is Preventable
Accident Recovery Team knows many crashes caused by distracted driving could’ve been easily avoided. Unfortunately, people bring their biggest distraction into the car with them. Cell phone usage leads to 1.6 million accidents each year. Way beyond texting, drivers become distracted by social media, digital maps, music and phone apps. But distracted driving is preventable!
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
One text takes a driver’s eyes off the road for 5 to 10 seconds. So in those few seconds, you’ll travel almost 100 yards at average speeds. That’s almost the length of a football field. Teenagers commonly make these deadly mistakes. Every day 11 teens die in cell phone related accidents. When you know the facts and prioritize your safety and other’s on the road, the choice is simple. The Accident Recovery Team urges you to put down the phone and keep your eyes up.
Car crashes affect everyone. Deadly accidents don’t care about social status, kids, or bank account totals. Lives are lost every day across our country due to distracted driving. But we can do better. April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month, and now’s the time to change bad driving habits. Leave your phone in your purse, in the backseat, or in the glove compartment.
In an Accident with a Distracted Driver, Now What?
Follow the correct steps after you’ve been in a distracted driving accident. More information can be found on our “After an Accident” page, but here’s a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the accident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Insurance companies may recommend a Direct Repair Facility, but you may want to talk to other body shops first.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured by distracted drivers. We have experience on our side and we’re here to help you recover after an accident.
Accident Recovery Team is Here to Help
Reach out to the Accident Recovery Team after accidents caused by distracted driving. To schedule a free consultation, contact one of our experienced attorneys. We only get paid when we settle or win the case. Recover from your injuries and have peace of mind with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.