While winter can seem like a magical time, it brings the toughest obstacles that semi-truck drivers face all year. In order to stay safe on the roads, all drivers have to be prepared for any eventuality. Wrecks involving semi-trucks are often more destructive than the average accident. Heavy trucks and trailers travel at more accelerated speeds, creating high impact crashes when driving through ice and snow. This leads to devastating injuries and fatalities.
Play Defense When Semi-Trucks are Around
Whether the snow is piled high on the road or there’s ice covering the asphalt, winter road conditions are uncertain. It’s best to drive at slower speeds in cold weather. The majority of accidents during winter are caused by people not practicing defensive driving. Drivers tend to roam into packs, but in colder conditions, this increases the chances of an accident. Even if you are driving with caution, another driver’s negligence can lead to an accident. The best way to avoid this is to pay attention to groups forming along the road. Take steps to avoid drifting with them by keeping a safe distance between you and road clusters. This will provide you ample time to react and stop in case of an accident.
In a Semi-Truck Wreck: What Now?
It’s important to follow the correct steps after you’ve been in a semi-truck accident. Detailed information can be found on our “After an Accident” page, but here is a quick outline.
- Call the Police: Even if the accident seems minor, you need the case number provided by local police.
- Seek Medical Attention: While you may want to wait a few days and see how you feel, don’t let too much time go by to see a doctor.
- Document Everything: Take pictures and videos of the scene.
- Notify Auto Insurance: Your insurance company may recommend a Direct Repair Facility to repair your car. You may want to shop around instead.
- Talk to an Attorney: The Accident Recovery Team has represented many clients injured by semi-trucks. With experience on our side, we’re here to help you recover after an accident.
Accident Recovery Team is on Your Side
Reach out to the Accident Recovery Team after accidents with semi-trucks this winter. We work on a contingency fee basis, so we get paid when we settle or win the case. To schedule a free consultation, contact any of the experienced attorneys at Accident Recovery Team. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and provide a transparent examination of your case. Recover from your injuries with the Accident Recovery Team on your side.